Think you need a Chiller?

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always used AC Pumps, recently on my new build I went with 24 Vdc Pumps. The Aquarium has a glass top, open top Sump. Even running the pumps wide open, the temperature went up less than a Degree. This Is with a Simplicity 1600 and 1000 on a 120 Gallon Aquarium. I have a problem with controlling temperature on my 65 Gallon with Danner Supreme 12 on the Return and Danner Supreme 9.5 on the Skimmer.
 
Yes, those DC pumps are a lot more efficient than AC pumps for moving water without producing a lot of friction to heat the surrounding water. Some folks could benefit using DC in summer and AC in winter?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new