Thinking about a big tank...advice on dimensions

I think either would be really nice. I've seen the 300DD in person, they're very nice aquarium, although a bit deep for my taste.

I personally think 22" is too shallow, I wouldn't go below 24". When you count in the actual water level you've only got about 20" and that leaves you with fewer aquascape options. Plus, unless you have a tall stand, you're crouching over to see your reef.

Tough choice! The longer tank would be my dream-tank if it was 2" taller! My aquarium is 48x30x24 and I love it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new