Thinking about adding a Lawnmower blenny would it be compatible with my current stocking?

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have a 375 Liter tank 150 cm long 50 cm tall and 50 cm wide.
My current stock is:
Royal gramma
2x ocellaris clowns
4x blue green Chromis
Bi-colour blenny
Yellow watchman goby
Diamond watchman goby
Green clown goby.

The one I'm the most curious about is if it the lawnmower blenny can be kept with the bi-colour. :)

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try it.
Blennies are so cool, they somehow became one of my favourite fish, even though they weren't the first fish I had in mind when I got into the hobby. :)
They are certainly a diverse group of critters. PLease look up rhino blennies which I have posted about. - savage slow motion hunters for anything that will fit in their rather large mouth…

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are certainly a diverse group of critters. PLease look up rhino blennies which I have posted about. - savage slow motion hunters for anything that will fit in their rather large mouth…
They look cool, might add one if would I ever do a cool mini predator tank. :)

radfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine jumped out of the tank. Which is great because he was worthless, never ate algae and mean as heck to any new fish mate.

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, our lawnmower blenny is one of my favorite fish to watch, he's always in and out of the rocks, sitting on top of them and watching us. It's so much fun to watch him cleaning the sand as well
My Bicolor blenny always barges into my royal gramma's cave to perch from time to time. My royal gramma doesn't mind it, but it's just fun to see him barge in as all the other fish to tries to get in, gets chased away by the royal gramma.

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine jumped out of the tank. Which is great because he was worthless, never ate algae and mean as heck to any new fish mate.
My Bicolor is also a bit lazy he eats algae from time to time, but he sure loves the processed food I feed from time to time. He spends most of his time perching and exploring.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmover dont eat anythig but algae in tank.....

As my djesdjardini gets larger, there is some agression over food, but nothing serious...

There is only one boss, and when he appears, all other fish behave... That is my small mandarin... ;)

Smallest but meanest....

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmover dont eat anythig but algae in tank.....

As my djesdjardini gets larger, there is some agression over food, but nothing serious...

There is only one boss, and when he appears, all other fish behave... That is my small mandarin... ;)

Smallest but meanest....
Giga Chad Manderin! :)

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be aggressive . They are one of my favourite utility fish .
tons of character .

every so often he gets into little spats with the flame hawk
And my yellow belly tang chases him away from the glass when ever he’s eating algae off the glass . But for the most part they are cool , but ugly fish

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be aggressive . They are one of my favourite utility fish .
tons of character .

every so often he gets into little spats with the flame hawk
And my yellow belly tang chases him away from the glass when ever he’s eating algae off the glass . But for the most part they are cool , but ugly fish
I thought too that it might be a great utility fish since I don't have a tang yet, I wanted to add something a little more hardy and smaller in size that would munch on algae. I don't feel confident yet adding a tang since they are a little pricey and I personally think I need better equipment like a bigger skimmer to handle the larger bioload. And I want a yellow tang and they are expensive since I have to get a captive bred. But a small blenny like the LMB would fit right in if it can get along with my bicolor blenny. :)

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small...

Well....not so small.... Mine is probably around 15cm in lenght, so....one day when my tangs grow up, he will be smaller, for now, biggest fish in my tank.....

OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small...

Well....not so small.... Mine is probably around 15cm in lenght, so....one day when my tangs grow up, he will be smaller, for now, biggest fish in my tank.....
15? On liveaquaria it says 12-13 cm. dang... How long does it take them to get to that size? I'm probably gonna have a new skimmer next year, and the LMB I can get are like 5 cm long at my LFS.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well honestly, that is aproximating, really no way to measure it correctly, but, ist big.....

Dont know how old is he (she), i bought it big, to my surprise as i always seen and have small specimens, 3-6cm maybe....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back