Thinking about adding a UV Sterilizer

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
38
Reaction score
7
Location
Portsmouth
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My 20 Gallon JBJ AIO has been set up for around 2 months now and its starting to house a decent amount of coral / livestock. Just recently I have noticed that my water looks a tad cloudy (not bad at all) and I was wondering if there was something I could do about it. I have been reading up on UV Sterilizers and was wondering if this would help the cloudiness? I have read that some folks think they can eliminate beneficial life in the water column and adversely affect corals. I would like to avoid having to throw an ugly Protein skimmer in one of my all in one chambers if possible.
 
If you dont run carbon yet I would try that first.
I run carbon and switch it out every other week at the moment. I notice it is crystal clear for a few days following changing it out but then starts to cloud up again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new