Thinking about adding tangs

Saltyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a mimic yellow peel atm. Upgrading to a 125 6ft tank soon. Was wondering if I can add some tangs with this mimic? Have read they are aggresive so not sure. But thinking about adding a powder blue, and a kole or some sort of bristle tang or even a eibli mimic. So will have 3 biggest will be powder blue. Will this work, or any suggestions? Thanks

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with several of the mimic tangs over the years is that they are very mild mannered fish. There shouldn't be any issue with a Powder blue. It's been awhile since I had a 125 but I have always tried to keep small Chevrons in my reef tanks and they have never had issues with my other tangs. I have always kept multiple tangs in my tanks.

Dave B

OP
OP
S

Saltyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks. Yea have never seen my mimic bother anybody but my lawn mower blenny but the blenny just lies on his side and lets the tang pick at him so mabye hes cleaning him lol. Just read on live aquaria that they are aggresive towards tangs but will give it a try and remove the mimic if need be. Tank build and transfer will be a couple weeks away so have plenty time to research my fish list.=) Thanks for the replys.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a gold rimmed tang along with my sailfin and regal tang. They chased each other around a couple days then they settled down. I was worried because i have had these tangs for many years. You never really know what will happen you just have to hope for the best.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank full of Tangs, added em all seperately, never had a problem with any of em gettin on each other. Mimic is one of the mild mannered guys.

OP
OP
S

Saltyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, that is good to hear. Makes me feel alot better. Thanks for all the input.Going to go with mimic, powder blue, and some sort of kole.:bigsmile:

Trae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Pacific Sailfin Tang!
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377153626.076283.jpg

Trae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, i did love my sailfin until today. I added a Naso tang today which is smaller than the sailfin. Poor little naso is getting bullied pretty bad. I hope it stops.

Trae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Sailfin bullied the Naso to death. But we just added a Foxface! Hello!!! The sailfin has met its match!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 153 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back