Thinking about an alternate skimmer for my Reefer 250.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already have a RO Elite 150-S skimmer for it. System not running yet. See build thread for system information. My Elite skimmer won’t allow me room for a second return pump in the skimmer section to run a manifold. The main return pump is a COR-15 and takes up too much room for the second return pump to sit in the return section. So I’m thinking of changing skimmer plans maybe just until I don’t need a manifold (UV, and reactor) anymore, then shed those two pieces of equipment. Then won’t need a second return pump giving me room finally for the Elite skimmer just in time to export from a big increase of bioload.

The two temporary skimmers I’m interested in are RO Essence 130-S and a new Icecap skimmer, can’t remember the model name and number I’m interested in. Both have a small foot and both are AC powered. Two things essential. If anyone has experience on these or other skimmers you would think appropriate let me know. And everyone else please don’t hesitate to post your thoughts and opinions about all of this stuff too.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ice cap k-3

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back