Total skimmer pump confusion

anth76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can someone help with this skimmer pump dilemma. After my reef octo skimmer decided give in. I thought I would buy a new pump. However finding the same pump is impossible. My reef octo skimmer is a 152 s and the pump is an AQ1800 s. Should be simple....WRONG. My pump is the same as the one shown on the website. However the replacement pumps are totally different. Can anyone help or have an idea of how to find the same pump. Thanks for any help.

20240404_211322.jpg 20240404_211322.jpg 20240404_211447.jpg Screenshot_20240404_212345_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240404_211601_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240404_211544_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
anth76

anth76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would trust CoralVue to send you the right one.
Send them a picture of the ne you have.
Unfortunately I'm in the uk otherwise I would of. I've sent a message to other suppliers and to reef octo so just awaiting a reply now. Its just confusing how 3 pumps that are stated as an AQ1800s are totally different. Just hope I don't have to buy a new skimmer as I've only had this one 3 years at most.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the reef octo model the front cover will come off. The remaining issue I see is it looks like there was a model "upgrade" on the output to a threaded fitting. Not sure this is the same diameter as your older version (looks bigger). I would definitely wait for Coralvue to get back to you on this to see if it works or if they have a fix. In the past I have had pretty good interactions with their customer service. Might be worth while even with the time difference to try giving them a call. If you have not already I would include a pic in the email of what you have. Who knows at what time they implemented the change and where in that time frame your skimmer was manufactured. For all you know that skimmer could have been on a shelf for 2 years.

OP
OP
anth76

anth76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the reef octo model the front cover will come off. The remaining issue I see is it looks like there was a model "upgrade" on the output to a threaded fitting. Not sure this is the same diameter as your older version (looks bigger). I would definitely wait for Coralvue to get back to you on this to see if it works or if they have a fix. In the past I have had pretty good interactions with their customer service. Might be worth while even with the time difference to try giving them a call. If you have not already I would include a pic in the email of what you have. Who knows at what time they implemented the change and where in that time frame your skimmer was manufactured. For all you know that skimmer could have been on a shelf for 2 years.
I was thinking that it could be an upgrade in the model but photos of the full skimmer for sale shows the same pump as mine. ...so no idea what has happened. Here in the uk the pump replacement looks totally different to mine....but like you say the coral Vue replacement looks like only the threaded top looks different.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would guess if it’s supposed to be a replacement that the threaded part can be removed

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back