Thinking about GHL

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of getting a new tank. I love the idea of the GHL profilux but I have no idea what I will need. I currently have an apex.
Here is what I have:
Apex 2016
DDR
DOS
5x WAV pumps
VDM
LSM
2x EB832
Breakout box
COR20

The tank will be full SPS, I will be using two part and I love data. I want as much data as possible. Can anyone help me figure out what I need?
Thanks!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of getting a new tank. I love the idea of the GHL profilux but I have no idea what I will need. I currently have an apex.
Here is what I have:
Apex 2016
DDR
DOS
5x WAV pumps
VDM
LSM
2x EB832
Breakout box
COR20

The tank will be full SPS, I will be using two part and I love data. I want as much data as possible. Can anyone help me figure out what I need?
Thanks!

If you like data you will only be able to get it on a laptop. Charts in the app update randomly and while you’ll be able to see current values, the previous one may be hours and sometimes even a day old.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like data you will only be able to get it on a laptop. Charts in the app update randomly and while you’ll be able to see current values, the previous one may be hours and sometimes even a day old.
Understandable. I would mainly check from laptop anyway. I was planning to build in an iPad to the new tank stand, but I figure that I can do a laptop instead. I have an older (2014 Macbook pro I can use)

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have any idea what I should buy?

reefcoin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1014b93d561e9de3273a54968f32f743.jpg

Check out ekoral.io

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

Apex 2016
This can be replaced by the Proflux 4.

DDR
You can use any container you wish, and use the Virtual container logic already built in to the controller. You say the container is 5000ml and has it does it will lower the container fluid virtually seen within the app and the web interface.

DOS
You have a few options here. You could get a Doser 2.1 or a Maxi depending on what your attempting to do.

5x WAV pumps
You would need to replace these, you have options, you could go wit Tunze pumps controlled via the 1-10v pump, Vortech Pumps with the Vortech GHL controller, IceCaps, really it up to you :)

VDM
You have 3 1-10V ports built into the device, for a total of 6 devices to control.

LSM
You could do GHL Simulation Sticks to simulate moon

2x EB832
Powerbars 6e. (Are you using all 16 plugs this will give you 12 Plugs)

Breakout box
You would need a PL-ADIN Card which you can install within the unit, and plug in float switch for example to it.

COR20
You could still use your COR20 return pump, you could plug it into the Powerbar.

As for the data, you can use the GHL Connect App, or the Web Interface to see this information or the GCC desktop app via USB and download the logs and view them in like Excel. I am not having the issue the person is saying above, below is a sample of my PH probes last 24 hours worth of set points.
ph_probe.png

Here is 6 Months worth of Probe Information (The Drop off was me having a AWC change setup by the Flow vale turned off, forgot to turn it back on)

ph_probe_6months.png

And here is pH and for example Tank Temp
ph_probe_6months_air_temp.png

Last edited:

enthejungle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the P4 most of your equipment is going to be connected via the PAB thus making the additional powerbar a potential overkill.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

Apex 2016

DDR
You can use any container you wish, and use the Virtual container logic already built in to the controller. You say the container is 5000ml and has it does it will lower the container fluid virtually seen within the app and the web interface.

DOS
You have a few options here. You could get a Doser 2.1 or a Maxi depending on what your attempting to do.

5x WAV pumps
You would need to replace these, you have options, you could go wit Tunze pumps controlled via the 1-10v pump, Vortech Pumps with the Vortech GHL controller, IceCaps, really it up to you :)

VDM
You have 3 1-10V ports built into the device, for a total of 6 devices to control.

LSM

2x EB832

Breakout box
You would need a PL-ADIN Card which you can install within the unit, and plug in float switch for example to it.

COR20
You could still use your COR20 return pump, you could plug it into the Powerbar.

As for the data, you can use the GHL Connect App, or the Web Interface to see this information or the GCC desktop app via USB and download the logs and view them in like Excel. I am not having the issue the person is saying above, below is a sample of my PH probes last 24 hours worth of set points.
ph_probe.png

Here is 6 Months worth of Probe Information (The Drop off was me having a AWC change setup by the Flow vale turned off, forgot to turn it back on)

ph_probe_6months.png

There is no lag when data gets updated in the app /online charts? If you don’t mind would you please share how you accomplish that? Thanks

This is the response I got from MatthiasF via GHL support on the topic:

“Hello,

the mesaurement values are transmitted periodically to the online database, but you can't set directly,
what segment of the ProfiLux's memory is next.

Wait a couple of hours until the last segments have been sent.”

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

Apex 2016

DDR

DOS

5x WAV pumps

VDM

LSM

2x EB832

Breakout box

COR20

ph_probe.png

ph_probe_6months.png

There is no lag when data gets updated in the app /online charts? If you don’t mind would you please share how you accomplish that? Thanks

This is the response I got from MatthiasF via GHL support on the topic:

“Hello,

the mesaurement values are transmitted periodically to the online database, but you can't set directly,
what segment of the ProfiLux's memory is next.

Wait a couple of hours until the last segments have been sent.”

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EmdeReef - I have seen lag for example for the 10:00 report in I might see it at 10:10, if your talking about that lag, but never had to wait a couple of hours. I will pay closer attention to it this weekend and report back.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EmdeReef - I have seen lag for example for the 10:00 report in I might see it at 10:10, if your talking about that lag, but never had to wait a couple of hours. I will pay closer attention to it this weekend and report back.

Thanks. I just took a screenshot of the app. At 10:12am ET the latest chart value is from 3AM. I can see my current ph in the dashboard.

8933336F-08B0-4B22-89DF-2F2DE593D358.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your UTC time inside your P4, I just did it from my phone. Have you confirmed your UTC settings on the P4?

ph_now.png

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your UTC time inside your P4, I just did it from my phone. Have you confirmed your UTC settings on the P4?

ph_now.png

In the app it’s set to -4. Is there some other place that it needs to be set?

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

Apex 2016

DDR

DOS

5x WAV pumps

VDM

LSM

2x EB832

Breakout box

COR20

ph_probe.png

ph_probe_6months.png

Where is the best place to pick up GHL stuff?

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order it right from them, but I prefer sites that give you points based on what you spend. Aquacave carried them (I don't think they sell the sets), and marine depot definitely does do the sets.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back