Thinking about selling out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dwb5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dwb5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
293
Reaction score
111
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125gal reef ready with 6 bulb ati lights. I have a lot of coral and fish. So I was wondering when you have around 4k in a tank setup how much do you look to get back out? I know resale is not good on aquariums but need to get all I can for it. I know more info on the set up is needed. But I was just wondering ideas before I did the whole list.
 
You'll get the most parting it out. For the tank probably you'll get $250-$300. Homemade stands depends what it looks like. For that light, you might get $400 (I hope you saved the box it came in though). New bulbs will enhance that. Skimmer 50% of new price usually. The R2R classifieds section is a good start. Livestock is tough. I'd try to see if you local fish store will take them in exchange for a credit voucher, then sell the voucher. Typically for odds and ends sell it in lots. 40%-50% of new price is a good starting point.
 
I think it can really depend on location and just luck with timing. Check your local Craigslist. If you see a bunch of aquariums for sale that have been on there awhile you won't get much. If their is nothing listed comparable to yours you have a much better chance at getting a higher local price.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new