Thinking about starting Nyos torq reactor…

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey R2R friends, I’ve got a 65G DT (80G total) tank running a really nice mixed reef, softies to torches to acros. So, I know, leave well enough alone.. Filtration is Reefmat, Red Sea RSK300, a fuge with chaeto and a bit of xenia and carbon dosing TM Bacto balance. I run carbon in the media basket of the Reefmat. I have been thinking of changing skimmers for some time now, in large part bc of the hum from the RSK300 and the difficulty in removing the cup (i no longer use the neck cleaner). I am considering a Nyos 120 or 160 AND adding a torq reactor especially if I go with the 120 and free up a lot of space.
Nutrient-wise, I’d like to see if I can get my PO4 to consistently read above zero but below .1 and NO3 above 0. I know I am not bottomed out because, among other things, I’ve got bubble algae and my chaeto grows very quickly.

Anyone run a reactor in addition to or to replace carbon dosing? If so, thoughts—esp. any hiccups during the transition? Other than carbon what media do you run?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of this product but I looked around on here and it doesn't sound like a good idea based only upon what I have read in this thread here!

No Way What GIF by Major League Soccer

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back