NYOS Torq Reactor

MrTang13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought and installed the NYOS Torq reactor and the water does not flow evenly over the media chamber. I know there’s cycling time but it feels like the water is overflowing very unevenly.

Does anyone have any experience with this reactor?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont myself.. .but heres a bump to get the thread more veiws . :)

jrizo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a 1.0 Last night, GFO on the bottom and carbon on the top.
I played with it for a little bit. I kind a felt the same way the GFO was moving very unevenly and I couldn’t go past the lower water flow, if I try to open the water flow more the the cylinder detaches from the bottom which it makes me feel very uncomfortable become if that where to happen the media will go all over the tank.

Vteclover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week the water flows even outside the tube.
Ik have ati diakat gfo in the 1.0 liter down and on top sera silicate clear and no problems.
Only when i adjusted the the flow i pulled a little to mutch when turning and media whent in the sump.
Luckely shut down the return pump and i could clean it all

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of getting 1 of these. When I watched things on YouTube it looked like they were having the same issue. No one ever mentioned this as being a problem but I could see it. I would still like to get one so let us know if it ever evens out.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those issues, along with the inability to easily rinse the media reactor made me very wary of purchasing this media reactor. At the premium price point, it sure does look pretty though! :)

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having issues with the top of the reactor? Mine keeps popping off and creating a carbon volcano nightmare in my sump. So frustrating

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought and installed the NYOS Torq reactor and the water does not flow evenly over the media chamber. I know there’s cycling time but it feels like the water is overflowing very unevenly.

Does anyone have any experience with this reactor?

Have you tried adjusting the pump speed dial? You may want to run it completely empty and without the top sponge just to isolate variables.

teast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own the mid size version. I am finding that over time, maybe a week or so, that the force of the pump is pushing the media upwards and in turn dislodging the lid causing the media to flow out into the sump. This has happened three times now. The first time I thought ‘user error’ . The second time I made sure all connections were tight, filled with a lower amount of media in both compartments and the same happened. Media spilled into the sump and was pushed around the tank.

I tried again this week and just used one media and removed the divider. The same has happened again. I can imagine this could be possible over time if the media/sponges get clogged but not in such short spaces of time in a cycling system.

I can only think that this unit has a design issue and is not fit for purpose. I have contacted Nyos and they have sent some replacement O rings so we will see

One more try!.....

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the 1.0 and 2.0 and never had issues as mentioned here.
I don’t know if it could be a batch issue but I had mine pre order during the first batch released.
The 1.0 is used for biopellets and the 2.0 for carbon and gfo. The flow will not be even inside the reactor because of the deflector plate which is part of the bottom cover. As far as the top coming off? Never experienced it and my flow does not even go beyond the second dot on both reactor

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the sound like? the youtube vid was not very flattering in that regards

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own the mid size version. I am finding that over time, maybe a week or so, that the force of the pump is pushing the media upwards and in turn dislodging the lid causing the media to flow out into the sump. This has happened three times now. The first time I thought ‘user error’ . The second time I made sure all connections were tight, filled with a lower amount of media in both compartments and the same happened. Media spilled into the sump and was pushed around the tank.

I tried again this week and just used one media and removed the divider. The same has happened again. I can imagine this could be possible over time if the media/sponges get clogged but not in such short spaces of time in a cycling system.

I can only think that this unit has a design issue and is not fit for purpose. I have contacted Nyos and they have sent some replacement O rings so we will see

One more try!.....
Anyone else having issues with the top of the reactor? Mine keeps popping off and creating a carbon volcano nightmare in my sump. So frustrating

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the 1.0 and 2.0 and never had issues as mentioned here.
I don’t know if it could be a batch issue but I had mine pre order during the first batch released.
The 1.0 is used for biopellets and the 2.0 for carbon and gfo. The flow will not be even inside the reactor because of the deflector plate which is part of the bottom cover. As far as the top coming off? Never experienced it and my flow does not even go beyond the second dot on both reactor

Can you hold your reactor up by the top without it falling off?

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine’s very quiet. The noise in the background is my peristaltic pump for the calcium reactor. The flow is perfect for my application

Never tried it.
With or without media?

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

aed53361962059405c06fa21c0750f40.jpg

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang..I can't even adjust mine in the sump by the lid without it slipping off!
I assume it has something to do with the o-ring seal. Mine is really tight and use the lid to do adjustment when attached to base. you should ask for a new o-ring

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back