Thinking I need a clean up crew

  • Thread starter Thread starter EHaddad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EHaddad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
457
Reaction score
356
Location
Memphis, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Reefer 750. Got 7 fish in it. The tanks has been running about 6 months now. Starting to see the brown on the sand which I figured is the diatoms. So I thought it was about time to get a clean up crew what I was wondering is what online retailers are good for clean up crews? My LFS has a lot of fish but not a lot of invertebrates.
 
Try indo pacific farms based in Hawaii they sell clean up crews although they may not be compatible with your fish.
 
I have two clowns, 2 damsels,3 cardinals
Any coral or Nems?
As for online cannot recommend anyone specific....
As for CUC, I have an extensive variety, and recommend it.... Blue and Red Leg Hermits, pincushion and short spine black urchin, Sea Cucumber, Strawberry Conch, Sand Sifting Star, Black Brittle Star, Trochus, Bumblebee and Astrea Snails, Coral Banded Shrimp.... they are all workhorses, and I couldn't do it without most of em....a Conch, and Sea Cucumber will clean up your sandbed quite efficiently....
Majority of them have been in my 90g for years. In addition to some softies/LPS and 5 fish.
 
Any coral or Nems?
As for online cannot recommend anyone specific....
As for CUC, I have an extensive variety, and recommend it.... Blue and Red Leg Hermits, pincushion and short spine black urchin, Sea Cucumber, Strawberry Conch, Sand Sifting Star, Black Brittle Star, Trochus, Bumblebee and Astrea Snails, Coral Banded Shrimp.... they are all workhorses, and I couldn't do it without most of em....a Conch, and Sea Cucumber will clean up your sandbed quite efficiently....
Majority of them have been in my 90g for years. In addition to some softies/LPS and 5 fish.
No corals yet. Was gonna get a cleanup crew in before I got them.
 
Hi if you contact indo pacific farms they may be able to let you know what may be compatible with the fish that are in your system and you may receive a free coral which is really nice here is a photo of a blastomussa merleti that was sent with my cuc order.
AC046AEB-7951-491A-857E-4F18A074859F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new