Thinking of getting a goby and shrimp. I need more sand.

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1/2 inch of sand currently. Is there anything I need to know regarding adding sand? How much? How fast? Etc.

24G AIO
3 firefish, 2 cardinals, 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 tiger conchs, 10 trochus snails, 2 cerith snails currently.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1/2 inch of sand currently. Is there anything I need to know regarding adding sand? How much? How fast? Etc.

24G AIO
3 firefish, 2 cardinals, 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 tiger conchs, 10 trochus snails, 2 cerith snails currently.
Sometimes you can use a big hose and funnel to try to drop sand at bottom to minimize the dust in the water and to place it exactly where you want. Also I’d make sure to rinse well to get most the dust out before it even gets into tank.

tanstrobels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack here but hopefully these questions are relevant to you too.

I’m in the same boat with a similar tank. How deep does the sand need to be at a minimum?

Also, there are certain parts of the tank (like the back) that I don’t want them to call home. Will adding less sand there or just keeping it at the current half inch coax them to make their home in the front of the tank where the deep sand is?

OP
OP
H

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hijack here but hopefully these questions are relevant to you too.

I’m in the same boat with a similar tank. How deep does the sand need to be at a minimum?

Also, there are certain parts of the tank (like the back) that I don’t want them to call home. Will adding less sand there or just keeping it at the current half inch coax them to make their home in the front of the tank where the deep sand is?
Great question!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 53 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back