Thinking of setting up AWC... Is this right?

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to simplify life and set up an AWC. I have my rodi unit in the laundry room, and want to set up my brute can in there. I will fill the brute with water, add a pump and salt like a usual water change.

My plan is to run the DOS at my tank, plumb ro tubing under the house and into the laundry room/brute can I also plan to plumb the waste to the wall drain of my washing machine.

Is this a good plan? Since Ive only done manual changes, I'm not sure if I should don't usual amount in one go (20g) or stick to a gallon a day. I have roughly 65g water volume.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to simplify life and set up an AWC. I have my rodi unit in the laundry room, and want to set up my brute can in there. I will fill the brute with water, add a pump and salt like a usual water change.

My plan is to run the DOS at my tank, plumb ro tubing under the house and into the laundry room/brute can I also plan to plumb the waste to the wall drain of my washing machine.

Is this a good plan? Since Ive only done manual changes, I'm not sure if I should don't usual amount in one go (20g) or stick to a gallon a day. I have roughly 65g water volume.
Consider versas, the DOS is loud. Plus with the versas, you can mount them separate, if desired. I have 1 in the basement to pump up the new saltwater, and 1 at the tank to suck out the old. I have the versas set for constant speed and turn them on via apex for an hour every six to change a gallon every day.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have room for it, I’d recommend mounting the DOS in the laundry room rather than at the tank since the DOS is loud when running at the faster speeds needed for AWC. Just run a long AquaBus cable along with the tubing.

Also, read my instructions here about altering Neptune’s instructions for AWC:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 100 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back