This did not end well. TANK WENT BOOM!

Zan101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I came across this video on YouTube. I dont have anymore details from what you see in the video but to put it mildly this was a total tank disaster. Watch, enjoy and comment

That sucks. I think I would just keep walking

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, we’re all equally capable of being massively stupid. Not sure what being a girl has to do with your /his knowledge or lack there of, as you’re implying. You know better than him because you use your brain and he doesn’t. You go girl!!! :oops:

Hello,

Fair point lol I have seen several girls use a hot burning curling iron, then say I smell something burning has their hair catches fire or just breaks off. But I really wanted to see them grab a door and float on it (in the movie titanic). Must say cleaning that mess up would not be fun. If my 240 gives way or worse my 425 once it’s set up (gives way), I won’t even grab a towel. I’m gonna grab my rubber ducky and and some bubble bath.

Sidius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is he pushing so hard and without anything to cool the glass? He doesn't need to get through the glass so fast.. Even if it wasn't tempered, something bad was going to happen. Before I even saw the glass break my thought was "What an idiot"

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I wonder if it was a stunt since they were filming it and what not lol. Plus the water was nasty no lights on etc just didn’t look like it was running. Still not a smart thing to do specially with tempered glass.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I wonder if it was a stunt since they were filming it and what not lol. Plus the water was nasty no lights on etc just didn’t look like it was running. Still not a smart thing to do specially with tempered glass.

That was exactly what I thought .... done on purpose. Hard to imagine anyone could be that dense.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think these guys where trying to do what Joey is doing here. But showing people to do things can lead to bad things happening.:)

Ronnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing missing from that video, was the phrase, "here, hold my beer" before he started drilling.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

When u firsted the video I said NNNNOOOOO, there is no cooling water source, and I am SURPRISED that he got so far. Then "Get [A] towel" what is 1 towel going to do: was what I was thinking.

Last edited:

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think these guys where trying to do what Joey is doing here. But showing people to do things can lead to bad things happening.:)

I think the most interesting part of that video is the rudimentary polariscope that he makes with his phone and polarized sunglassses.

I think the guy from the original video must have skipped over that part :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back