This ich?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2020
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
2,779
Location
Fiji
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought these clowns a week ago. The white one looks to have a white spot.

Thanks.

45443576-D988-45F8-A0C2-B1F118F4BF80.jpeg
 
Here is a closer shot
 

Attachments

  • D55C6FE0-5D8D-4582-96C8-FED1D7A96DE9.jpeg
    D55C6FE0-5D8D-4582-96C8-FED1D7A96DE9.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 89
  • F5586F9D-1458-483F-BC02-711B72B8ACC2.jpeg
    F5586F9D-1458-483F-BC02-711B72B8ACC2.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 111
If your concerned you could dose something like prazi pro which won’t hurt the fish either way.
This is in the display tank. These two fish are the only two thing in the tank and rock. It’s a new tank. I know I should have put them in a QT tank..... hindsight is 2020.

Will prazi pro stain the tank?
 
This is in the display tank. These two fish are the only two thing in the tank and rock. It’s a new tank. I know I should have put them in a QT tank..... hindsight is 2020.

Will prazi pro stain the tank?
I dosed it in my display tank and my nigers Ich was cured. I don’t know what you mean by stain?
 
Update....

Is this ich?
 

Attachments

  • D3292980-E07D-460C-AE7B-7600ED08552F.jpeg
    D3292980-E07D-460C-AE7B-7600ED08552F.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 89
More photos.
 

Attachments

  • 6F7ABB6A-41E6-4B75-A05C-1E724D19EA56.jpeg
    6F7ABB6A-41E6-4B75-A05C-1E724D19EA56.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 98
  • B731B2C7-8350-4460-AB96-6BE15DC94C06.jpeg
    B731B2C7-8350-4460-AB96-6BE15DC94C06.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74
Looks like lymphocystis which the Infection appears on the infected fish as one or more white or beige colored pebble or wart-like nodules most commonly seen on the fins, skin, or gills. When the virus first begins to grow, it may be confused with the parasites Cryptocaryon irritans (marine white spot disease), appearing as small white or off-white specks on the fish's skin or fins.
Things you can do are to feed a healthy diet, including use of Selcon vitamins and garlic extract for immune system health. Also treat fish if it gets worse for secondary infections using maracyn 2
 
Looks like lymphocystis which the Infection appears on the infected fish as one or more white or beige colored pebble or wart-like nodules most commonly seen on the fins, skin, or gills. When the virus first begins to grow, it may be confused with the parasites Cryptocaryon irritans (marine white spot disease), appearing as small white or off-white specks on the fish's skin or fins.
Things you can do are to feed a healthy diet, including use of Selcon vitamins and garlic extract for immune system health. Also treat fish if it gets worse for secondary infections using maracyn 2
Is it contagious? Do I need to QT. I I’ll do the googling, but it seems you have dealt with this before?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new