this is a T5 light shedule question

HAPPY-REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
73
Location
Tampa, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 24 t5 light Fixture with 4 slots and I'm using the ati 2 blue plus , Actinic, and coral plus.
How long should I keep each bulb on?
Also I plan on getting led bar if any situation on brand to get?
 
12 hours on. You could do a sunrise and sunset for one hour with just half the bulbs running as part of that 12 hours. This is for an established tank. If the tank is new, run only 8 hours and then after several weeks start to bump it up.
 
You only need 7-8 hours for the corals. No need to waste electricity or wear out bulbs faster. They won't grow faster with a longer light duration.

All on-- all off.........corals don't need nor care about dawn/dusk. That is just for a personal viewing preference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new