Now I need to figure out if this is reef safe:

dgk_color_tools_wdkk_bubble_bag_1_1384777447_1014565.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very cool and may be important to researchers and such. I don't know how her algorithm works or how Photoshop software works. They may be quite different. But the results in our photos seem to be very, very similar.

My wife and I do a fair amount of underwater photography and find that Photoshop does wonders. She called what Photoshop does 'enhancements' and claims what her algorithm does is different. But to me they are both just changing the colors in an image by computer and math. Photoshop has several ways to make underwater photos look like they were shot with a typical white flash or lighting system. Photoshop even has a 'Remove Haze' feature that does just what her algorithm does in terms of taking away the the color cast of the scattered light in the water.

Don't get me wrong here. I don't mean to disparage her work. What she has created may be very different from Photoshop and very important to researchers. I'm just saying that to those of us into photography, the end result doesn't look that different at all.

Back