• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

This is the problem with this hobby.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/4" to 1" they say.

GDBeLUg.jpg

TZJpTK9.jpg

OP
OP
lakai

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd ask for a ratio-correct refund first. If they specifically said the frags were 1" to 3/4" and not something like 'grid spacing of eggcrate is 0.5" for scale (or something like that), then they are clearly in the wrong. What is the average length of the frags that they sent to you? It looks like less than a half inch, but using 0.5" as an example, you paid $xxx.00 for frags that were on average 0.25" (or 33.3%) too small.

I'd ask for a significant refund (if it were me, I would ask for a 33% refund), or I would: 1) publish their name in this thread, 2) do a write-up as a separate review thread, 3) think about getting Paypal involved and asking for a complete refund including return shipping as what you received was not what was promised. PP almost always sides with the buyer.

EDIT: You're absolutely right though - this is one of the things that is wrong with the hobby - hobbyists trying to make a profit and get retail prices for their little buggers. IMO, this person needs to be publicly shamed now as they have already decided against doing the right thing. Name them.

At this point I want a full refund. I don't think the frags are worth half the price because they are half the size. For instance the difference between a 1" frag and a 2" frag is typically priced expodentially higher. They're worth $0 because I don't want 1/4"-1/2" frags.

OP
OP
lakai

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would request a full refund if for no other reason than you will not do business with such an unethical seller. Ask for pre-paid RMA to return the product. Pursue channels for refund. Document your communications.

Is there some reason you do not identify the seller? I have seen requests from other members to identify the seller but you seem reluctant to do so (unless I missed it). Failing to do so is a dis-service to the members since you brought this up for discussion.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@Demmelition4 Why do this to someone and not refund them?
What is your side to this?

I did refund him 50%, so I am not sure why he is saying I didnt? I did not right away because I unfortunately did not measure it and I was not aware of the bad size, so I am sorry for that.

He gave me a ton of attitude in the PMs so I dont know what he is talking about. Sorry for the confusion. I told him I appreciate him being honest about the size and I refunded him the 50% yesterday.

I gave him the 50% as soon as he sent me pictures of the corals, literally within 15 minutes of him sending me the message on here

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds good. Thread should be closed.

or move it to feedback as I do agree they were too small and I am sorry for that (I shoudlve measured) and that is why once he sent me the pictures I refunded him the 50% he asked for right away.

I will gladly take those corals back and refund the other 50%.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was going to buy from dem but With sellers like world wide coral and tons of others I don’t have time to deal with people like this oh great you gave 50% off wow don’t act like you did the favor there

I didnt mean to act like I was doing a favor, I truly just fragged it the same sizes as I have gotten from a ton of vendors. I will only be selling corals now that I have measured and I am sorry to the OP for this situation as I told him multiple times too.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone,

This threads been moved to feedback. Only the buyer and seller are permitted to post to hopefully come to a resolution that both parties are happy with.

Thanks and have a good evening :)

Crabs

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back