What is the most rewarding aspect of the hobby?

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m approaching 2 years in - everything is starting to stabilize and the fish and coral continue to grow. Not that it’s been all roses - I’ve lost some fish and coral along the way - but I’ve learned. A lot.

The learning has been really rewarding. Realizing that this box of water is a chemistry set and trying to explain that to people (and hearing them say, “yeah, not for me”) has been fun.

What’s most rewarding is just being able to take 5 or 10 min here or there throughout the day (I work from home) to mess with something (changing socks, putting in some nori, scraping the glass) is way cool. Then at night, with the lights off and just watching everything.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m approaching 2 years in - everything is starting to stabilize and the fish and coral continue to grow. Not that it’s been all roses - I’ve lost some fish and coral along the way - but I’ve learned. A lot.

The learning has been really rewarding. Realizing that this box of water is a chemistry set and trying to explain that to people (and hearing them say, “yeah, not for me”) has been fun.

What’s most rewarding is just being able to take 5 or 10 min here or there throughout the day (I work from home) to mess with something (changing socks, putting in some nori, scraping the glass) is way cool. Then at night, with the lights off and just watching everything.
It truly is rewarding to learn more about the hobby and learning what works and what doesn't work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back