What is the most rewarding aspect of the hobby?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby has a lot of rewarding aspects to it. From being able to have a successful tank, to bouncing back from a tank crash. I am wondering what you find to be the most rewarding aspect of the hobby. curious to know what everyone says!

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning a frag into a colony. Turning a turd into a gem. Getting a mystery frag and having it turn into something truly unique. Getting picky eaters to be aggressive eaters. Staring at a grown in display of your own that is better than any of your previous tanks!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love marine animals. Watching them grow and prosper is a reward in itself. But also having something constructive and relaxing that fills my time so I don’t self destruct like I used to. I have also met many wonderful people from all creeds through reefing. It is what binds us all in friendship.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
currently? the moment i finally caught the elusive tomini tang and 6line wrasse after 4 hours that chose to become total jerks to my new blotchy anthias and naoko wrasse. had to tear the tank down to catch the tang. wrasse was easy with the tankmatez trap

in general? when nothing is dying/receding but instead growing and flourishing from a frag to mini-colony, and mini-colony to colony! comparing pictures/videos to see how far you and the corals have come!

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When friends or family come over and are blown away by the tank and know nothing about corals… they don’t care about fancy coral names or lighting or anything else in the hobby that’s frustrating! They smile and take it for face value as everyone should! It blows most of them away and they take pictures and ask questions and some have even started tanks..

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dead wink martindale GIF
Being broke but being able to explain why I'm broke now

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like helping others especially when they’re dealing with something they can’t figure out and it’s bothering them. I’ve saved ppl from getting out of the hobby so I find that pretty rewarding.
Yep, that is one of my joys in the hobby, and seeing how someone can go from a tank crash to a tank filled with life.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back