What piques your interest, the most, in the hobby?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different aspects to this hobby that I personally find interesting. From how fish interact with others, to how you can turn a glass cube into a tank beaming with life. I am wondering what interest you the most in the hobby?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugiums, can't get enough! Most people just toss in some chaeto and call it a day, but there's so much opportunity to make it into a functional little display for your enjoyment and benefit.

1706212754318.png

Danny99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals growing, also the fact that in small butt cube there’s so much life and so many things happen inside of it just near my bed

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's definitely the corals. The crazy colors, shapes, movement, ways they feed etc I had no idea before getting into the hobby just how cool coral is.
Aside from that, the crazy diversity of life in a reef tank. You really have no idea what might be lurking in your system day or night and it's usually fun to discover something new (unless it's a bad pest, but still).

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different aspects to this hobby that I personally find interesting. From how fish interact with others, to how you can turn a glass cube into a tank beaming with life. I am wondering what interest you the most in the hobby?
My favorite things are watching the symbiotic relationships from the wild displayed in the tank - and also feeding corals. It's absolutely fascinating to me.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creating habitats for my fish, especially growing SPS tree's and caves to separate areas and create hides. It's ever evolving and changing

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning and building the tank has always interested me, love all the different ways you can do something, love researching the different equipment, and finding what will be best for what I am trying to accomplish. I can also be a bit of a gearhead.

I also love thinking about all the life and chemistry that is involved in the tank.

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love researching and finding critters to do certain “jobs” in the tank. It’s like creating a whole little ecosystem.

I also really love spotting hitchhikers or surprise guests, especially when setting up a new tank. Obviously, don’t love the bad ones, but even then it’s kind of fascinating to be like “where did you come from??”

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colours! :star-struck: Nothing beats it for me, I can stare at my tank in the evening for hours!

That, and the toys! Almost ashamed to say so..
It's always fun for me when I get new equipment or some new thing to use on my tank. It's fun seeing how it works and how it might improve my tank in the long run.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back