Are you dosing anything, and if so, why?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
31,106
Reaction score
54,623
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One aspect of the hobby I find confusing at times is dosing. Just something about adding chemicals to your tank to make sure your tank is balanced tends to go over my head from time to time. So I am wondering what are you currently dosing with your tank, and why are you dosing that specific thing?
 
6 heads: AFR, DIYNoPox, Red Sea A,B, C,D both tanks..
AFR does include the trace but the tank is low demand with the eventual end game being Randy’s high PH 2part and Tropic MarinS TRACE

I wishI could do just the Kalkwasser and AFR
 
Manganese for my Gonis and Elegance and Blizzard for just general feeding.

Then Ph Plus and AB+ for nutrients (a different one in both tanks)
 
Tropic Marin trace K+ and A+, manually dosed.

Soda ash and calcium chloride for Alk and Cal.

The above, I intend to eventually swap over to AFR. Still have tons of ALK and CAL solution, though, so it'll be a while.

I've also been dosing Red Sea Energy, and just started dosing NeoNitro and Brightwell Coral Amino.

Not sure that I'll continue with all three of those, we'll see how the tank responds.
 
I dose 2 part. If I don’t, my sps tank would likely die in a week or so. The alk drops 1 dkh a day without dosing.
 
OK can someone pls explain what AFR is
All for Reef, a popular product from Tropic Marin. Idea is that it provides alk, calcium, traces, etc... its all for reef in a single product

I have 2 heads for AWC
1 for BactoBalance

I plan to add another for MicroBacter7
I'll add another for AFR once my consumption increases
 
Manually dosing AFR. I found my alk usage was greater than the replenishment from water changes.
 
Phosphate - new system still eats phosphate, have Dino’s under control

Alk, CA and Mg to replenish what corals consume in between water changes
 
Kalk on a dosing pump 12 times per day and homemade soda ash in my ATO. A little bit of Reef Complete by hand every day for calcium, strontium and magnesium.
 
I use Red Sea to dose Alk and calcium, then I carbon dose with vinegar too, all via a dosing pump. I manually dose magnesium every so often if it drops.

Then I have an ATO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new