This stuff work? Specifically on velvet?

BrownCow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200219_151122.jpg

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From another thread on this product-

Rally contains acriflavine, which is useful for treating brook and providing temporary relief of velvet. As Meredith said, it is better to use it in a 60-90 minute bath followed by transfer into a sterile QT. Once in QT, dose copper or Chloroquine to completely eradicate velvet. Sometimes no further treatment is required for brook, although I advocate dosing metronidazole or Chloroquine in QT for good measure. ;)

See the whole thread here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/is-ruby-reef-rally-a-good-product.270297/

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's for temporary relief, and more importantly, to try and prevent secondary infections from velvet damage. It is not a velvet cure.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works best as a bath before placing velvet infected fish into your QT to treat with copper or CP. It has both antiseptic and antibiotic qualities and I highly recommend it. Here's my normal use of RRR:

Fish has active velvet or Ich

Do a 3-5 minute Freshwater dip to remove as many parasites from the fish's gills to help it breathe better. This step does a great job. But it is temporary and buys you time. Immediately following do the bath in RRR.

Do a 60 minute bath in RRR the antiseptic and antibiotic qualities greatly increase the survival rates of even heavily infected fish.

Place fish into QT predosed half way to therapeutic levels of copper. Quick raise over the next 24-48 hours to therapeutic levels using small doses spread out throughout the day, rather than just a couple of big doses.
Highly recommend a "chelated copper" like Copper Power or Coppersafe. Use a Hanna HL Copper Checker to track therapeutic levels. It's such a stress reliever that you are not overdosing the fish with copper. Hold at therapeutic for 30 days. Or 15 days and then transfer to a clean sterile QT and observe for 15 days or so.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back