This Was Shot With an iphone 15!

Reefer Matt

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2021
Messages
11,243
Reaction score
42,952
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a closeup of my Walt Disney Acropora Tenius taken with an iphone 15 pro max. I used a Flipper magnifier, with auto settings and an orange filter lens. Post edited in ios image software. Tank flow was on! :grinning-face-with-sweat:

IMG_0638.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That’s super pretty. I’ve had an acropora for months and have never seen it extend its polyps once. Congrats and enjoy!
 
Really good picture!
 
That’s super pretty. I’ve had an acropora for months and have never seen it extend its polyps once. Congrats and enjoy!

That needs to be added to the photo of the month! Gorgeous.

Really good picture!
Thanks! I just switched to iphone from android. I have a dslr camera, but heard good things about the 15 pro max camera. This was taken by hand with the tank flow on. I can’t wait to try it on a tripod with flow off! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
That's a beautiful shot !
Thanks! I was shocked how easy it was to capture it with sub optimal conditions. I think I am going to run a side by side comparison with my dslr and see what differences there are. The built in telephoto lenses are awesome too!
 
This looks amazing!
Now I’m waiting for next year to upgrade my 14 Pro to the 16 Pro haha

Seriously though, iPhone Pros are getting extremely high end the last few years, to the point where DSLRs are only reasonable to use when you need actual, big and bulky macro lens.

Here’s a macro shots of multiple Ricordea Floridas taken with my iPhone 14 (no filters, full spectrum + True UVA, X10 clip on macro lens):
IMG_1846.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg
 
What brand orange filter for your iPhone 15 pro max?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new