This will be a slow build

Nice work! I appreciate the slow methodical way of your build. Definitely enjoy following this thread.

My plan has been to have water in it before my daughter leaves for college this fall. Need something to replace the time I have been spending on club/school volleyball and swim the past 10 years or so.
 
File_000.jpeg
 
While I was working on the adapters I thought of a way to make them that would not require the purchase of raw material from McMaster-Carr. The 12 inch piece of 1.5" x 1" pvc was $28.55 with shipping and tax. When I built my mixing station I used true union ball valves and they came with slip and pipe adapters so I had a couple slip fittings left over. I cut a 3" long piece of PVC and glued the fitting on. Then turned down to the correct diameter. My lathe is not very big so I just used the short piece.




Flow 8.jpeg
Flow 9.jpeg
Flow 10.jpeg
 
Wanted the adapter to be longer so I did not have to use an additional fitting. Used half a union and 12" piece of PVC.

Flow 11.jpeg
 
Thermowells for the Ranco temp controllers. Waiting on some shrink tube to make the final seal.

Temp3.jpeg
 
Electrical and temperature controllers done. Left side is a dedicated 20 amp circuit separated to two GFCI. Right side in a shared 20 amp circuit with the basement family room. Rancos control the white outlets. Menards does not carry the gray plates anymore so I had to order them.

Electric2.jpeg
Electric3.jpeg
 
I may ask my buddy to make by panels like yours can you take a picture of the magnetic areas on the panels and stand when you are free :D
 
I may ask my buddy to make by panels like yours can you take a picture of the magnetic areas on the panels and stand when you are free :D

I will try to remember tonight when I get home. I just used a forstner bit and some epoxy they just hold the panel to the stand at the top. The weight is supported on some 3D printed blocks at the bottom.
 
When there is machining and welding involved, you just know the outcome is going to be sick! Is that a personal lathe, or is this being done as "government work"
 
When there is machining and welding involved, you just know the outcome is going to be sick! Is that a personal lathe, or is this being done as "government work"

The lathe is mine. It was my grandfathers he purchased it after he got home from the war. He was a machinist on a couple destroyers in the Pacific.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new