Those that used DD H20, and can no longer get it locally, what are you using

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South Florida had access to DD H2o up until a few months ago when the wholesaler shut down aquarium division.

What have you done to replace this awesome salt?

OP
OP
AquamanE

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richard (Siptang) will say its the same as Red Sea Coral Pro, and that it comes from the same factory. And although I have heard the same rumor, cant substantiate it. And have not found any one that can.

jonnyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richard (Siptang) will say its the same as Red Sea Coral Pro, and that it comes from the same factory. And although I have heard the same rumor, cant substantiate it. And have not found any one that can.

That would make sense as red sea making a great product. Great reviews. I went to all pets Emporium to pick up some red sea salt and was not able to because they're out of stock I spoke with the manager and they told me they could not keep enough on the shelf as many as they would bring in as many as was so within a few days

OP
OP
AquamanE

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would make sense as red sea making a great product. Great reviews. I went to all pets Emporium to pick up some red sea salt and was not able to because they're out of stock I spoke with the manager and they told me they could not keep enough on the shelf as many as they would bring in as many as was so within a few days

Thats great to hear but a poor business excuse. If you know you will sell out in a few days increase your par level. :horse:

Still cant substantiate that its the same. Reef Crystals also has good reviews. They recently re formulated their salt in an effort to compete, i guess. Although MarineLand , with IO, and RC has been a staple in the market i usually stayed away cause of their high Alk, and low Mg.

As mentioned above I hear they have reformulated otherwise. Ill know soon enough since i took advantage of the MACNA rebate and the post on Amazon Mike Biggar posted. Both less than $45 for 200 gallons worth delivered. ( i now have 400 gallons worth, LOL). Once i get to them, i will test. Currently working on Seachem bucket i won at FMAS raffle (hate it BTW).

Last edited:

Afishionado

Richard @ Afishionado Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traymitch1 said that he spoke to the wholesales before they ran out of business and got that info but I will let him talk about it lol.

They had same parameters until red sea re designed their salt to boost magnesium.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef crystals. Mag is 1300-1350 i add a bit more as dd used to be above 1400. Has anyone heard about tetra marine salt pro?

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get dd h2ocean for 55bucks but shipping is insane.

See how much it is for a pallet, I'm sure a few of these heavy hitters can and will pick up a few buckets each. Josh is a hoarder and will take half the order. LOL

Reefchicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use D-D H2O but since it became unavailable, I am using Red Sea Pro with great results.

gatoralum69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I called MarineDepot awhile back they also told me it was made in same factory and when I google'd confirmed it was true.

gatoralum69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if a group buy is done you can have DD H2Ocean for $70...which I am sure can be negotiated down a bit and shipping would be free :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back