Thoughts on a small crack

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeyZo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeyZo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
851
Reaction score
1,460
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a new Maxspect Dice AIO from BRS and it came with a small crack in the upper corner. I contacted them and they are sending me a replacement. I offered to send the broken one back and they told me no, dispose of it or use it for whatever you want. Just wanted thoughts on if this was a detrimental crack or not. It doesn’t look like it goes all the way to the outside. Thoughts?
IMG_1541.jpeg
 
I figured. At least Im getting a new one. I thought I could water test it and maybe use it as a spare hospital or QT tank.
 
I hear ya. I just try and imagine how P’d off I’d be (at myself and anyone that happened to be near me) if the tank leaked and I was stuck with tens of thousands of water damage in my house.
If that happened, you would literally do anything to go back in time and not take the risk.
 
I figured. At least Im getting a new one. I thought I could water test it and maybe use it as a spare hospital or QT tank.
That crack is likely to propagate and spread…

You could try literally bonding a second equal thickness pane of glass on the outside of that cracked pane with aquarium silicone; but it wouldn’t be pretty!

Alternatively, you could replace that pane completely!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new