Thoughts on acro crabs bandits

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eckolancer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
1,916
Reaction score
311
Location
Carrollton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see what everyone's thought on acro crabs are. I found a couple bandit crabs on two wild acros recently. I kinda like them but wanted to see what everyone else thought.

I also wanted to see if anyone know of places to buy them. I may look at getting one for each colony I have. I seen live aquaria has them which I've purchased in the past. But they were larger then I thought (size of smaller emerald crab at the time was to large for my colonies). The ones I've found are about half of my pinky nail size. Will these current bandits get larger? If so how large? How long do they tend to live? I will try and get pictures of my current one that I have?
 
i picked up 2 acro crabs the other day.
they came as hitch hikers on a shipment of corals at my local lfs.
they gave them to me for free!
the ones i have are approx 1/2 across the carapace.
they both live in birdnests.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new