Thoughts on adding two ocellaris in this tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,653
Reaction score
33,570
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of young black ocellaris in a 40g breeder in my basement. Plan was hoping they would take a liking to my Blue haddoni but the nem wrapped itself around a heater before that happened. Rather than add another nem I'm thinking about bringing the clowns up to my tank in the LR. Its a 84x30x25" tank with the following fish.
4 yellow tangs
Purple
Naso
Vlamingii
Convict
3 Talbot damsels. Two seemed to have paired and the 3rd stays on the opposite end.
Yellow tail damsel
Yellow belly damsel
Yellow tail chromis
Sixline
Possum wrasse
2 CBBs (paired)
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Niger trigger
Blue streak cleaner wrasse.
I see zero aggression in the tank now.
With the exception of when I feed most al of the smaller fish spend the day in the rocks.
I've kept larger clown species in 6ft tanks with similar stock but not ocellaris.
I do not plan on adding any nems.
The tank
PXL_20250605_015513105.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new