Thoughts on doing a clownfish and anemone only tank?

Nelve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR 525xl that has been up and running for about 6 months now. Currently it has two ocellaris clownfish and a CUC that I transferred over from my nano tank that ran for about two years. Would it be possible to run a tank that has let's say 10 clownfish and a tank full of anemone's?

If so, what would be the best type of clownfish for this set up and how many? My current ocellaris clownfish are extremely peaceful/timid to anything in the tank

What would be the best type of anemone for this tank?

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Drop another Ocellaris in that tank and let's see how peaceful your current pair still are. LOL

If you want to do a clownfish harem tank, you'll have to start over with all baby clowns and several anemones from the get go. Check out Bulk Reef Supply's clownfish harem videos to see how they set one up and maintained it.

OP
OP
N

Nelve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop another Ocellaris in that tank and let's see how peaceful your current pair still are. LOL

If you want to do a clownfish harem tank, you'll have to start over with all baby clowns and several anemones from the get go. Check out Bulk Reef Supply's clownfish harem videos to see how they set one up and maintained it.
Lol very true! I didn't know BRS had a clownfish harem series. I'll have to check it out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back