Thoughts on Harlequin Tusk

Get it small and for a while as they’re slow growers and one of my favorites
 
Those teeth are harmless and pretty blue
I had one in my mixed reef 360g and it bothered nothing
 
I have had two in my 105 gallon and had to remove them both. Both occasions they were fine until I added any additional fish....specifically other wrasses.
 
Mine is the biggest fish in the tank. He ate all my established shrimp and any additional shrimp I tried to add.

He doesn't bother the other fish and he is a big baby. He only eats krill and clams on a half shell... he doesn't bother with smaller food. He is definitely a great addition....he swims laps around the tank and is very active. I don't see how you're going to keep even a large juvenile in a 100 gallon tank.
 
Mine is still small and lives with 14 other fish and have no issues with it.
20201007_205626.jpg
 
wait you have a clown trigger in a 90? Thats my favorite fish, doesn’t it eat corals and inverts?
Mine too. I have 5 triggers and all the snails and hermits have learned to not come out when the lights are on. None of the triggers eat any of the wide variety of corals in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new