Thoughts on my restocking list.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Wanted to see what some of yall think on my re-stocking list. I had ich and it killed off quite a few fish.
While having ich I did do some petty big additions to my tank... I added a skimmer, refugium, and uv sterilizer.
Before the ich I had
A sailfin
Tomie tang (ich bringer)
2x black oceollaris clowns.
1x blue damsel
1x cromis
1x yellow head goby.
1X fairy wrasse.

The male clown died along with the tomie tang and the goby.

So far ehat I want to have is:
Maybe 3x lyertail anthias(I want some anthias maybe not this type)
Swissgaurd basslet or swalesi
Diamond goby again.
Then a small *redacted* tang.
Then some special oceollaris clown.

I wish the Cuban gramma wasn't so expensive.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list looks good. I would recommend in starting slow, beginning with the clowns & anthias to let them settle in & have first dibs on territory. Goby would be next so it doesn’t punk the tamer clowns & anthias, followed by tang & basslet. Regarding the shrimp, in my personal experience, I would hold off until any diseases or infections on all fish have been taken care of. Unless you have a hospital tank where all fish will be quarantined & medicated. I can’t stress enough the importance of quarantining fish before introducing into the main display tank, it will save you a massive heartache. Also, my suggestion would be cleaner/skunk/scarlet shrimp instead of peppermint. Good luck.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list looks good. I would recommend in starting slow, beginning with the clowns & anthias to let them settle in & have first dibs on territory. Goby would be next so it doesn’t punk the tamer clowns & anthias, followed by tang & basslet. Regarding the shrimp, in my personal experience, I would hold off until any diseases or infections on all fish have been taken care of. Unless you have a hospital tank where all fish will be quarantined & medicated. I can’t stress enough the importance of quarantining fish before introducing into the main display tank, it will save you a massive heartache. Also, my suggestion would be cleaner/skunk/scarlet shrimp instead of peppermint. Good luck.
Thank you... I was mainly planning on peppermint because thay can sometimes eat aptasia. I have one that is eating in another tank. I also read they were easier to breed. I also alrety have a cleaner. But I might get another.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yall think 3 lyretails would be fine? 1 male and 2 females. I know you generally want to have 3 to 1. But I want to ba able to put in the tang I want. I don't want a ton more aggression.
Although it might just be the anthias fighting amongst eachother.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my lfs got a shipment in today! I saw they had the lyretail anthias. So I think tmr I'll go and pick thoes up along with a clown. I'll probobly go with a diffrent morph however.
That lfs sells some cool looking clowns sometimes.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my lfs got a shipment in today! I saw they had the lyretail anthias. So I think tmr I'll go and pick thoes up along with a clown. I'll probobly go with a diffrent morph however.
That lfs sells some cool looking clowns sometimes.
How big is your tank?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 with lots of hiding
Ah, with the lyertails I would try to have at least 3 females. The more females the happier the male will be. I had a school of 5, one male to 4 females. I added two first with him and he was constantly chasing them but when I added the other two they were out more since he had more of them to “heard” lol. He was crabby as heck with just two in the tank. Just my experience with them. Beautiful fish!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also since you have the sailfin and those get big I wouldnt put another tang with him and save that room for a larger school of anthias. The more anthias females to the male the less aggression you will have

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, with the lyertails I would try to have at least 3 females. The more females the happier the male will be. I had a school of 5, one male to 4 females. I added two first with him and he was constantly chasing them but when I added the other two they were out more since he had more of them to “heard” lol. He was crabby as heck with just two in the tank. Just my experience with them. Beautiful fish!
I don't know if the lfs has any males...
This is the only photo I have.
So maybe I should go with something like 5 and wait for 1 to turn male?

420963145_861007935818293_3818794538343562609_n.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if the lfs has any males...
This is the only photo I have.
So maybe I should go with something like 5 and wait for 1 to turn male?

420963145_861007935818293_3818794538343562609_n.jpg
Yeah I would grab those 5! That bigger one at the top thats slightly darker in the body might be starting to change actually, but yeah one will turn male!

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also since you have the sailfin and those get big I wouldnt put another tang with him and save that room for a larger school of anthias. The more anthias females to the male the less aggression you will have
Yea... I've kinda been debating puting in another tang. I did have that tomie but thoes are more peaceful than the tang I was planing on... hence why I dint mention it.

Baby Atlantic blue.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... I've kinda been debating puting in another tang. I did have that tomie but thoes are more peaceful than the tang I was planing on... hence why I dint mention it.

Baby Atlantic blue.
Ooo yeah not a good idea in a 90 with a sailfin! If it were me I would go with a bigger anthias school. They are really active and colorful. I miss my school a lot

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back