Thoughts on my Website?

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I am an online vendor and always trying to improve my website.
Just wanted to check in here and see what all of you think so far, and what you think could be improved!

Some general questions are:
  1. Is there too much or too little color / gradients?
  2. Are there too many / not enough coral showing at a time?
  3. Is the sorting and filtering easy to find / easy to use?
  4. Is there anything you like from other sites that I don't use?
Honestly, feel free to give any feedback on anything! Color theme, user friendly, anything annoying.
Really, anything! I want this site to be the best for everyone. Not just the shop, but the blog and tools as well!

Thanks in advance!

Store:

Blog:

General

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they look pretty good. The coral images are a bit dark. You do go a bit over the top with your adjectives... the best online coral store... really? Or the best RO membrane? Maybe tone it down a bit. This comes from a guy who was in sales and marketing mt entire career. Good luck. Next time I consider buying something for my tank, I give you a look. But right now my tank is absolutely full!

KandAReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I am an online vendor and always trying to improve my website.
Just wanted to check in here and see what all of you think so far, and what you think could be improved!

Some general questions are:
  1. Is there too much or too little color / gradients?
  2. Are there too many / not enough coral showing at a time?
  3. Is the sorting and filtering easy to find / easy to use?
  4. Is there anything you like from other sites that I don't use?
Honestly, feel free to give any feedback on anything! Color theme, user friendly, anything annoying.
Really, anything! I want this site to be the best for everyone. Not just the shop, but the blog and tools as well!

Thanks in advance!

Store:

Blog:

General
Honestly I think you did a good job. The number one thing that is important is it works well on mobile and yours does. Photos look a bit dark but beautiful. Maybe put what type of light the photos are taken under. I'm not sure you need the shipping info right up front but it does let you know what to expect when buying. Overall it is a good user experience on the viewer side.

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they look pretty good. The coral images are a bit dark. You do go a bit over the top with your adjectives... the best online coral store... really? Or the best RO membrane? Maybe tone it down a bit. This comes from a guy who was in sales and marketing mt entire career. Good luck. Next time I consider buying something for my tank, I give you a look. But right now my tank is absolutely full!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware that "best" may get used a bit more often than I'd like as well. Thats for the Google SEO part. Just focusing on what people search for. But I do appreciate the feedback!

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'll look into the dark photos as I do more picture updates. I may just need to lighten them up a bit. :)

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Nice pics but agree they could be a bit brighter. Spellcheck the site. Noticed a new misspellings. Pet peeve of mine. Good job.

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I think your site has some great pictures but agree a little more light could make the colors pop a little more. Also I'm not sure if its my browser settings or not but the coral type is white text on a white background for me. If I hover my mouse on it I see the letters but not just opening it. There are defiantly some beautiful corals you have there. Saving money currently but will defiantly give your site a look when buying next!
1705628712528.png

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I think your site has some great pictures but agree a little more light could make the colors pop a little more. Also I'm not sure if its my browser settings or not but the coral type is white text on a white background for me. If I hover my mouse on it I see the letters but not just opening it. There are defiantly some beautiful corals you have there. Saving money currently but will defiantly give your site a look when buying next!
1705628712528.png
Hmm... that's a new one! I'll check that out! Which browser are you using? I wonder if it's a dark mode setting in the browser and I didn't account for it in the site.

Either way, I'll check it out! :) Thanks again!

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Nice pics but agree they could be a bit brighter. Spellcheck the site. Noticed a new misspellings. Pet peeve of mine. Good job.
Fair enough! I'll check into that. I have a spelling problem

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... that's a new one! I'll check that out! Which browser are you using? I wonder if it's a dark mode setting in the browser and I didn't account for it in the site.

Either way, I'll check it out! :) Thanks again!
Im on edge and do have dark mode on. No problem, testing is my job so I always find a way to break things lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay not going to lie I love those urchin hats in the 3D section! Ever seen that before. But I like the site so Ill for sure look at you for my next coral round! Maybe have a WYSIWYG specific section. I really only go for those and other reefers Ive talked to like to see the exact coral they will get or a picture of the colony

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on edge and do have dark mode on. No problem, testing is my job so I always find a way to break things lol
I haven't done much testing with browser themes so I'll add it to the backlog! :) thanks again!

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay not going to lie I love those urchin hats in the 3D section! Ever seen that before. But I like the site so Ill for sure look at you for my next coral round! Maybe have a WYSIWYG specific section. I really only go for those and other reefers Ive talked to like to see the exact coral they will get or a picture of the colony
I just added a WYSIWYG section. Under coral types (though it looks like that may not work for everyone) and then under coral at the top.

Though it sounds like I need to make categories easier to find.

Right now I am only doing WYSIWYG for colonies/large frags and expensive coral. Honestly it's just because of how long it takes to get all the photos and spots aligned. Then the urchins mess it up on me!

But I am trying to move toward higher priced coral being WYSIWYG because even I would want too see the exact one before spending $100+.

The Urchin hats were honestly just fun! Especially around Halloween!

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. General suggestion is to show a pic under blue and not blue lights, like Tidal Gardens. More work and maybe not worth the trouble, but I like it.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SEO ranking matter more than people's opinions on the wording. "Absolute best ever artisan cured homestyle applewood smoked bacon" vs "bacon". One gets SEO juice and hits search page 1 and the other languishes on search results page 172 and gets a click a year from Aunt Bertha when you show her your site at Thanksgiving dinner and then she searches for an hour to show her neighbor.

Website functionality and ease of use is for "you" - the over the top verbal diarrhea is for SERPS. It's the world that we live in.

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. General suggestion is to show a pic under blue and not blue lights, like Tidal Gardens. More work and maybe not worth the trouble, but I like it.
I am actually working on some ideas for that right now! I'm currently debating if I should just make them scrollable images or a button under the photo to click which type of light color.

I was looking at Blue / Mixed / White or Blue / Mixed. Just because not that many people run only white light, but I agree not everyone runs as Blue as me.

Feel free to add your thoughts!

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SEO ranking matter more than people's opinions on the wording. "Absolute best ever artisan cured homestyle applewood smoked bacon" vs "bacon". One gets SEO juice and hits search page 1 and the other languishes on page search results page 172.

Website functionality and ease of use is for "you" - the over the top verbal diarrhea is for SERPS. It's the world that we live in.
You hit the nail on the head! And it all depends on the group you're targeting to figure out which wording they're most likely to use etc.

I just don't want it to be annoying at the same time lol. It's a hard balance some times.

OP
OP
ReefStable

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KandAReefs @Jmp998
If you have a chance, I added buttons under the photos now that add a filter to see the coral under different lighting.

Keep in mind, it's not perfect... I'm trying to start with the site making these updates as best I can while I work toward the new photos.

The main questions I have with this are:
  1. Do the buttons look good or too cluttered?
  2. Does the filter help give the idea?
  3. Is the filter enough or would different photos do better?
Thanks again for the feedback!

I'm still working through the rest!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would change the wysiwyg heading to ” wysiwyg / colonies

I like to look for larger frags / colonies and I wouldn’t have known these are in your wysiwyg section

Site looks great !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back