Thoughts on noopsyche light

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seriously considering replacing my current USA lights with a noopsychE K7 II. OR adding a orphek OR3 uv/violet light bar to my current USA. I do love the LOOP system as I have 2 current USA wave pumps that work perfectly and I can control everything feom my fone BUT, yhe color pop and growth just doesn't seem to be there. My tank is a 25 gal. AIO innovative marine all LPS and softies. What are your thoughts?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes current lights suck I had them on my 210 fowlr great lights for that but not corals. I now have 6 noopsyche over it and it has awesome color. Depending on how much you want to spend noops with or3 bars would be amazing or just add the or3s too the currents and you should be able to do most corals.

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes current lights suck I had them on my 210 fowlr great lights for that but not corals. I now have 6 noopsyche over it and it has awesome color. Depending on how much you want to spend noops with or3 bars would be amazing or just add the or3s too the currents and you should be able to do most corals.
Do know how bright the or3's are and how high they should be above a tank that i 11" deep?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the OR3's about 6 inches above a 26 inch deep tank. One each of the blue plus and violet/UV. If you want the corals to "pop" then I would certainly recommend them.

Back