Thoughts on replacing a Redsea Reefer Aquarium but reusing the stand?

Wynntastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use another aquarium brand aquarium on a Redsea Reefer stand? Also has anyone replaced the sump with another sump of a Redsea Reefer 425 xl?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would think as long as it fits on the stand & is similar weight, you should be fine. I’m sure others can help as well with the sump. Good luck :)

OP
OP
W

Wynntastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think as long as it fits on the stand & is similar weight, you should be fine. I’m sure others can help as well with the sump. Good luck :)
That's what I was thinking, but I search online and haven't found anyone trying this out. So, to give a bit of a back story...my wife saw one to two places sand/ air pockets has kind of gotten between seams of the aquarium. The air pockets are small, but I've read that's kind of the beginning of the end of the aquarium. I just want to get in front of this before I come home to destruction. Unfortunately, I've had this aquarium since I believe the end of March or early April of 2018. So, I think the warranty is done. I was thinking maybe a standard reef ready 120 gallon on a Redsea Reefer 425xl stand would work or maybe talk to someone like glasscages.com to see what could work on that stand. I would like to keep my original sump due to cost.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back