Thoughts on Stocking list

CPratt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just finished setting up a fiji cube 38 pinensula and have put togher a list of fish that id like to add. Looking for any input or recommendations as to why or why not add togeter.

An established pair of Lighting Maroon Clowns
2-3 Chalk Bass
Yasha and pistol shrimp combo
Orchid or Neon Dottyback
Possibly a Clown/Citron Goby

Anyone see in issues with compatiblity or have any other recomendations or additons? I do want some fish that swim more than hide, Im ok with some that hide so if anyone has any recommendations, id appreciate it.

TIA

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 2 to 3 chalk bass? I would stick with one.

Maroon clowns tend to get big...max out at 6 inches and tend to be bullies more than other clowns.

I know some Dotties can be aggressive as well. I had a purple that harassed a mandarin in a similar sized tank.

OP
OP
CPratt

CPratt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 2 to 3 chalk bass? I would stick with one.

Maroon clowns tend to get big...max out at 6 inches and tend to be bullies more than other clowns.

I know some Dotties can be aggressive as well. I had a purple that harassed a mandarin in a similar sized tank.
Thank you for the advice, I’ve had multiple pairs of clowns over the years so I’m building the stock list around them and their aggression lol. Do you have any recommendations to add or change?

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just finished setting up a fiji cube 38 pinensula and have put togher a list of fish that id like to add. Looking for any input or recommendations as to why or why not add togeter.

An established pair of Lighting Maroon Clowns
2-3 Chalk Bass
Yasha and pistol shrimp combo
Orchid or Neon Dottyback
Possibly a Clown/Citron Goby

Anyone see in issues with compatiblity or have any other recomendations or additons? I do want some fish that swim more than hide, Im ok with some that hide so if anyone has any recommendations, id appreciate it.

TIA
I don't think your list is too far off. Are you deadset on the maroon pair or open to other clownfish? You might get by with a pair of chalkbass in a tank of that size but wouldn't try 3. The orchid appears to be the least aggressive of the dottybacks so that's probably the better choice but also look at the Indigo dottyback. If you get the Maroons maybe look at some more assertive species that can hold there own when the Maroons age and get more aggressive. Maybe something like a six line Wrasse. Hope this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back