Thousands of small brittle serpent star. What eats them

  • Thread starter Thread starter dzar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dzar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Youngstown
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thousands of small black brittle serpart stars and they drive my wife nuts. What eats them??
 
don’t know but will give u a bump
 
I know a little of people like mini brittle stars so you could try giving them away or selling them.
 
Most of my larger leopards and tamarins eat them and also I had a large foxface that ate them, but none of them touch my asterina stars...
 
I have thousands of small black brittle serpart stars and they drive my wife nuts. What eats them??
Bongo Shrimp. Wrasses won't take care of the problem if there are that many. I lost a lot of coral from these little ****ers
 
Many of the halichoeres wrasse will eat them (bristleworms also). My favorite is the dusky, but that does get quite large. My leopards have never been very good at eating pests. Harlequin shrimp will eat asterina stars but not brittle/serpent stars.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new