Tidal Gardens Aquascape

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this technique for the scape in my 100g system that's cycling.
20220316_170546.jpg
20220228_090511.jpg

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I used a coarse aragonite sand from caribsea and it went just fine.

I also tried another brand of thin glue. It took a little longer to dry and form a strong bind but it worked fine. About the same cost as gluemasters though.

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys at gluemasters have been great. Got my order today. They're working hard despite challenges in the world these days.

In other news, as I suspected, breaking up rocks to get additional powder was ridiculous. In the parking lot of my condo pounding rocks with an engineer hammer while they spattered around despite me making a cardboard box for them.

I've just now contacted marco rocks to see if they'll sell me powder. To anyone who is considering this scaping method, this is just an FYI. You need a proper place to do the powder making. And it's one of those things that takes a hobby and an afternoon and just trashes it.

You either risk damaging a surface in your home, or one outside where you have no business doing this kind of thing. I did it in my condo parking spot, so at least I'm only pounding on my spot.

Really hoping marco rocks can sell this stuff. I suspect the only way to get that reaction with the incredible bond is with the powder, and some other medium like sugar sized sand just won't produce the same results.
I used fine sand instead of marco rock powder, and it held just fine.

camineet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing how well that morter and pestal works. I'm out there on the street with a danged 4lb hammer and all. Mom has one a morter and pestal for salt. Might give it a try. But earlier today I just grabbed a 10lb bag of oolitic off amazon.

This is a world of difference from just piling rocks up. Just got started and find the results inspiring. Glad for this new age of reefing.

miran2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at the E.O. Smith CT Frag Farmer's Market in early March and there was a marco e-400 mortar kit in the raffle. Included with it were two labeled containers of marco rock powder. I don't see the product on their website so wonder if it is something new. They must have piles of it sitting around the warehouse, might as well sell it.

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By any chance would this work to attach a fist size piece to the side of my scape inside tank or am I better off with epoxy and superglue and propping it up while it cures?

Back