OP
Lagoon reef

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
after more examination of the pump I found where it burned out at. I’m currently getting some cuprisorb because I feel that this leached out some copper into my DT. I believe there’s was also a good amount of stray voltage as well that instantly upset everything. The leached out metals are still playing a role today. Hoping everything can make a come back.
2D7AC879-E3C6-4BAE-9408-9AAFCE03C23B.jpeg

Last edited:

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got zapped pretty good when one of my stock Tideline pumps died. All my corals looked hacked and some of my acros bleached quickly. Luckily I had a spare cheap pump laying around because of course it was 2 am when the pump died and my apex sent my 4,000 texts.

OP
OP
Lagoon reef

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got zapped pretty good when one of my stock Tideline pumps died. All my corals looked hacked and some of my acros bleached quickly. Luckily I had a spare cheap pump laying around because of course it was 2 am when the pump died and my apex sent my 4,000 texts.
Did all your corals bounce back?

OP
OP
Lagoon reef

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1 month after the pump failure. Ran some seachem cuprisorb for 3 weeks and hopefully it did the trick to remove any unwanted metals. The color did change slightly so I’m assuming there was some elevated levels of copper in the water. I lost a total of 4 corals. A beautiful octospawn, gold tip green torch, a digi, and one of my hammers. Other corals are still struggling after they bleached. I emailed Tideline just to voice my concern over the quality of the pumps they include with their tanks, but the never reached back out to me. Safe to say I’ll never buy a product from them and stick to running higher quality return pumps. For now hopefully sicce will work as intended without failing like that.

Anyways here’s the tank now as of today.

43AD89F3-D128-4C84-B7AC-7EB3AE0C70F6.jpeg

OP
OP
Lagoon reef

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Black Friday sale update! I received a ton of frags within the last two weeks. The tank has really bounced back from that pump fail! stuff is starting to grow again like my tropic thunder Monti. I swear I can notice growth on it day by day.

Huge shoutout to @Queen City Corals and The coral farm! They both had great deals and they both exceeded expectations! I was especially impressed with the packaging from The coral farm! I found them through TikTok on one of their live sales!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back