Tideline AIO Shadow Wave return replacement

nitereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a fairly new 62 tideline and overall we love the tank. The dual shadow wave return nozzles do not work well, if at all. I am pretty sure the pumps are underpowered at 250 gph as well. Has anyone replaced the nozzles with loc-line? I would probably swap the pumps for mighty jets as I have one on my 32 and really like it. I am not even sure what size bulkhead we would need for the nozzle. Hoping someone here has done this and can help.

Ocean_View

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a fairly new 62 tideline and overall we love the tank. The dual shadow wave return nozzles do not work well, if at all. I am pretty sure the pumps are underpowered at 250 gph as well. Has anyone replaced the nozzles with loc-line? I would probably swap the pumps for mighty jets as I have one on my 32 and really like it. I am not even sure what size bulkhead we would need for the nozzle. Hoping someone here has done this and can help.
I have this and have swaped to lock line. And upgraded the pumps. Once i upgraded the pumps tank was very loud., so went back to orginal. Only bulkhead i found that would work and not have to drill are below.

Lifegard Aquatics 1/2-Inch Standard Threaded Bulkhead.. Amazon

And used with

uxcell 2 Pcs Black Duckbill Nozzle Water Outlet Return Pipe Plumbing Fitting for Aquarium...

Amazon. Can post pic in morning makes lot better flow.

The pumps i got to replace the orginals are the SICCE Syncra Silent 1.5Multi-Purpose even on its low speed tank was loud. I think issues are the overflow can't move the water in fast enough. So the retun area runs low and you hear the water crashing over the baffle.

hope that helps.

OP
OP
N

nitereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. I swapped out the return pumps for the mighty jet medium size. Complete failure. They sucked the sump dry in about 30 seconds even on the lowest setting. I believe I can use the bulkhead you sent with a 1/2" locline ntp threaded connector. That would let me put on the locline random flow nozzle. I am going to swap the return pumps for the mighty jet desktop size. I primarily want them for the adjustable flow rate and feed mode. I agree that the baffles keep the water from flowing well enough in the sump area. I really like the tank but the baffles in the sump and the stupid square socks really suck.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those returns were literally the only thing holding me back from getting that tank. If there's an easy-ish work around, I might be game to try one. The weird socks I can deal with.

As for the too much flow thing... If you're not familiar with AiO tanks, upping the flow will raise the level in the display, but also drop the level in the return pump chamber(s). Just add more saltwater until it reaches an equilibrium. I'd bet the flow from the built in weirs are oversized for the stock pumps, so it shouldn't be a matter of the pump pumping too much water (within reason).

Madd_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find adapters for these here

ldreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find adapters for these here

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just got the 47G version of this tank and want to replace the nozzle. For the adapter you sell, is the 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" selection for the loc-line size? For example, if I wanted to use 1/4" loc line then I would choose the 1/4" size? I wasn't sure if these tanks had different sizes of the bulkhead for the nozzle and that's what the selection was for or if it was for the loc line. Thanks!

Also I am in the Dallas area as well, just noticed where you were at!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back