Tierra De Fuego Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Connie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
58
Location
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a frag of Tierra De Fuego tomorrow! I need to know from you guys that already have a piece where the sweet spot is. All information will be appreciated an I thank you in advance.
 
I have mine up high and in plenty of flow. I grew her from just a little booger.

fuego-vi.jpg
 
I have mine high light medium flow. Lighting 8 bulb sunpower. Flow 4 vortecs. 2 mp40 2 mp10. It about 9 inches from top of tank.
 
Here is a pic of my frag day 1 in my tank. It had been at the very top of a tank directly under MH and was completely white/off white.
I will post progression pictures to show how It colors up in my tank. I
hope It does well!
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 650
Here it is as of today. Coloring up nicely I think. It is getting more definition to it and losing the beige blur look.
DSC_0032_zps4d58ccbc.jpg
 
I'll have to get a pic of mine and share it, it looks different than the one's above. I have it in med light and med flow, I've had it about 2 months now and it's already sprouting branches nicely.
 
All of you have better color than mine. I hope mine colors up good. I've got it in the middle of the tank and pretty high flow. Skinz, mine does look different from everyone else's. It looks thicker. I hope it actually is a Fuego. Only time will tell I guess.
 
If you want it to get more pink and lose green put in high light. If you like the green then keep it in med-low
 
Here is mine it encrusted quick but stalled from there. It is in high flow and medium light under t5s.

 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new