Tiger Conchs in QT - Do I need to add sand for them

William Norman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2017
Messages
422
Reaction score
289
Location
South East Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 3 tiger conches that I am going to QT. My coral and invert QT is a biocube 16. Once they finish 6 weeks, they will go into my 120 tank with sand.

Is it preferable that I add a dish of sand to my QT tank for them to eat and hide in ? Or are they fine with a bare bottom for the 6 weeks ?
 
So I have 3 tiger conches that I am going to QT. My coral and invert QT is a biocube 16. Once they finish 6 weeks, they will go into my 120 tank with sand.

Is it preferable that I add a dish of sand to my QT tank for them to eat and hide in ? Or are they fine with a bare bottom for the 6 weeks ?
I would since they eat detritus found in the sand
 
I've purposely left a small amount of sand in my coral/invert QT just for these types of sand-sifting critters. It will probably do just fine with no sand and some nori to feed on during that time period. But, it may be stressed since it feels safer burying in the sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new