Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get a tiger pistol shrimp for free I have a secure rockwork and a very deep crushed coral substrate but will it eat my fish? I can imagine it killing a tang or one of my Molly's but I have no experience with them. Is it a good idea to put them in a tank with small fish? The tank is 6 foot by 18 width by 26 high so plenty of room.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t imagine a tiger pistol shrimp killing a fish. Got a YWG and tiger pistol shrimp they keep to themselves and just create tunnels all over the tank. Anytime a fish approaches them they bolt into the burrow and hide very peaceful and non confrontational tank mates.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in a tank with a firefish and things have been just fine for about 10 months now. Both of them even live in the same three square foot sand bed. I however have not seen my pistol shrimp in several months now, I only know that it is alive because I hear popping. I would go with a candy pistol shrimp if you can.

OP
OP
N.Sreefer

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses! I'll definetly get him a goby do you know if they have a specific species they like? I heard certain gobies help certain pistol shrimp but Im not sure if that applies in captivity. Didn't want to come home to a bloodbath so I'm happy to hear they don't blow fish to smitherines haha

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll really enjoy it, and even more so with a goby. If it’s a tiger pistol, they prefer watchman gobys.
BC6809CF-4ACB-4F7D-81CF-811E13D4FDB6.jpeg

Back