Tigertail Dying or Shedding?

rmmcguire15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I hope this is the right place. I've read that if a cucumber dies it can nuke your tank so I would like to avoid that.

I've had this Tigertail for about 8 months now and it's always seemed happy. I just noticed that it has what looks like a bunch of skin peeling off, to me it looks really bad. I read that they shed and that could be what this is but I'm really not sure. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have attached the best picture I could get but if you guys would like me to try and get it into a better spot for a picture I can see what I can do.
e6db1c799668442c9da46c90b1b38b79.jpg
 
How old is the sand bed, how deep, how big?
FWIW I had a tiger tail die off in one of my nanos and it did not nuke the tank, but if I was aware of the cucs actual demise I would remove it just in case.
 
It's a 9 month old tank and sand bed, about 2.5 inches of sand, 75 gallon tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new