Time to come back

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am jumping back in head first. Its been a while since I have had a reef tank running but its that time again. We recently moved and I now have space for our 200 gallon in the den. I have always kept a tank over the years but just a small nano. After the big Nashville flood my 200 got trashed so its been silently sitting waiting for a comeback. Its been running now for about 5 weeks and I finally have everything “almost” ready for corals. I am looking forward to filling it up.

Ashley

image.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the reef life Ashley! Awesome looking tank.

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some specs because I know some folks like that stuff, lol

Neptune apex controller (have an older model but works just fine)
3 kessil a360’s
2 jebao wp40s connected to apex
Cor-20 return pump
Trigger systems 39 sump
Skimz sm201 Monzter skimmer

Coming soon
Kessil Flora light for sump
Either a dosing setup (what I used in the past) or calcium reactor (haven't decided yet).

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made an executive decision about midnight last night ( greatest time to make a big choice, lol) and decided I was going the dosing route. I am going to start with the ESV 2 part and add Mg and from there. Instead of going with the neptune DOS ( a little pricey I think) I am going with the Jabeo DP-4. I have had great results with Jabeo over the years and its a nice cost effective option that works just as well or even better in some cases than some of the expensive stuff out there. With my savings on the DOS system I ordered a mega cleanup crew, pods and some chaeto for the sump. I learned a long time ago if you want nice corals take your time and get your tank right (little lesson for new folks). I am still a little new to the kessils as I used MH and VHO actinics in the past so there will be a learning curve before I go on a coral buying frenzy.

I apologize for the rant, I am just getting a little excited and like to share.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! Sorry to hear about the flood; it was a scary time indeed. I don't know what kind of corals you're interested in, but I frag a bunch of stuff and will be happy to hook you up if and when the time comes. Always willing to help someone out who's jumping back in, as it seems that we never really get "out" of the hobby....

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Clean up crew arrives tomorrow and I would like to get another good water change in before I get any corals. Tennsquire thanks. I’m not picky lol.

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pics of my old tank. Xenia grew like a weed in it for some reason. If you bought any xenia from the critter around 11-13 years ago there is a good chance it came from this tank.
DA6D7AF8-3123-4EF3-89C3-839923D11257.jpeg
5B637E6D-CEC9-45B8-B019-25372F04CCFB.jpeg
19D0D36E-06E0-4CAA-A156-AA2CFFB30255.jpeg
FBFD7DFC-1F52-4A28-8B95-EDDE2155F233.jpeg
6CF94084-274F-4BEC-9C38-BDC32F43B2AE.jpeg

Phudeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I was in the same situation. Power was out for days and I didn’t remember the tank until the house started stinking. What are you planning on keeping in you new tank? I bought mine and it came with a bunch of softies if you’re interested

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably keep a mix. I always liked ricordia, mushrooms and zoa’s. The beauty of have such a big tank gives lots of levels of light so I can get acros as well and I love encrusting monti’s

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back