Time to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I have a 20 gallon nano and had about 40 ricordea polyps and some zoanthids and a couple percs and a 14 head duncan. A couple weeks ago while I was away and the wife was at work we had a baby sitter for the 2 year old. I guess he thought the fish was thirsty and poured some pepsi in the tank. He must have used the whole can the sitter gave him. She thought he drank it. It was late when we got home and the light already went off on the tank so I did not check it untill the next day. The only thing that lived was a small colony of brown button polyps. The water looked like watered down milk. I have got it going again with just rock and the button polyps. I am on disability and the wife is working 40 hrs a week and going to RN school and we have 4 boys, so we are broke. The kids are not even getting much for christmas. My wife said shut it down because it will be 2 years before she is out of school and I can start it back up then. I said well I might wait untill this next givaway for december is over because if I won it would be reason enough to keep it going again. I also reminded her that it was the only thing I had to do all day and it really helps my high blood pressure. I have had some kind of a tank for the last 20 years and do not how to live with out one. I hope I have been a good boy and santa brings me some coral.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont give up on it. But, I would recommend a child proof top. Good luck on getting it up and going. Tell the wife/santa that you want a gift certificate to your local reef store.
Good Luck

Last edited:

rarelyseriousb

give a pound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get some of the cheapest frags of some a couple nice softies( Kenya tree, gsp, plain Jaine shrooms) and let it grow out into a nice display. Ive seen some tanks like this done right and they can look beter than tanks with all the high end collector corals. Look at the boarand swap. alot of people give zina, cloves, gsp dirt cheap. keep your head up. but still do what best for the family. only you know your situatin.

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Please remove this thread, I am done. This forum is just like everything else, its all about money. Nobody is even willing to give a fellow reefer a good deal on some frags, unless they are making a lot of money. I bet if one of the guys in the klick needed help he would have a ton of offers, better yet remove me from the registration.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I went from feeling bad seeing if I could help to kiss-off not sure if you got some nasty Pm's or what but if you expected folks to just start supporting your hobby just because of a sad story get real we are all feeling the pinch.

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please remove this thread, I am done. This forum is just like everything else, its all about money. Nobody is even willing to give a fellow reefer a good deal on some frags, unless they are making a lot of money. I bet if one of the guys in the klick needed help he would have a ton of offers, better yet remove me from the registration.

WOW

So you want free corals? Are you going to pay the 60 bucks in shipping or is this something you want us to give you as well?

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude, take the meds. what the heck? i thought maybe you were hinting for some free stuff the first time i read your first post. that last one put it over the edge. if you want a turd, you still have to pay for it plus shipping. if you want gold, you need to pay for gold plus shipping.

sorry you lost your stuff, but dude, what gives??

also, you and your conspiracy/click theory! oye!!

okay everyone, off to the secret thread that everyone can see, but reef nut. lets talk about him! :snicker:

wait, maybe there really is one, and you're all talking about me! :neutral:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These posts are sad to see I could lose all my tanks fish and coral tomorrow as long as my daughter and wife and family are OK , There are family's really struggling out there I guess this sicken's me as well as I have been a sponsor on this site a long time and and some folks here may not like or agree with me but they are genuine people and this is why I keep sponsoring, this was just a sad and sickening post.

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
p.s. 2 year olds do NOT need pepsi! but with your financial strain. maybe it is time to give up the saltwater. Why not start a nice freshie tank until things get better!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider this thread closed.....No need for it to remain open and have Reef-nut continue to bash and make accusations of the site being clicky. This is not the first time you have said this and make a big stink.....I don't want anyone to bash you or flame you so this thread is closed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back