Time to reset but I can't bare to kill 12 years of growth.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure i've never shipped corals but western Pa is pretty close to me. It seems like i need to put together a big bulk pack and figure out shipping costs so I'll do that tomorrow.

There's a reef store I've been wanting to checkout in western PA. The Reef Gallery.

Ever been @Losirk ?

OP
OP
markwayts

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1-2 day USPS Priority Mail Express is probably only like $30 from Ohio to Wisconsin... we not that far.. would think Zone 2 or such... idk. I would like to try it when shipping favorable. I can give your invasive corals a good home :)
Ok. I'm getting a lot of people who are willing to help so i'll check with usps tomorrow and start putting together some assortments for all of you.

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about local pickup? I’m in Mayfield Hts in Cleveland, OH. Sometimes I work down at Akron General Health & Wellness or the Crystal Clinic.

Are you close by that area?

OP
OP
markwayts

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I'm so glad I posted. I never expected such a response. I'll contact usps tommorrow and figure out what kind of assortment pack i can send all of you. Again i'm not asking for any money just shipping costs.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t mess w usps. FedEx overnight only! Happy send you a label so all you have to do is drop off at fedex! Pm’d

Fedex sent me a email saying their hubs are disrupted due to weather.

I always had good luck with USPS 1-2 day but I am also not very far and soft corals are hardy! I sent someone a green nepthea last winter and it was in the mail for 5 days and totally fine (packed well) lol

I would not do USPS if you are across the country from the OP, nor would it even be worth it as cost goes up a lot.

I will have to check the costs. I think pre-paid labels is a good idea + maybe some money for the materials and heat packs.

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a reef store I've been wanting to checkout in western PA. The Reef Gallery.

Ever been @Losirk ?
i'm at the Reef gallery at least once a month. great store, great staff, great prices. they have fish, but they are a bit expensive compared to other stores. they also have lots of CuC like shrimp, crabs, snails, and conches. Large bubble tip anemone tank, i think the smallest ones go for $60, very reasonable.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overnight for me is $150-$200 for fedex/UPS so ya it is USPS 1-2 day or Fedex 2 day for me.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would shipping to 62526 be? I would want softies and shrooms if the budget allows.

OP
OP
markwayts

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
markwayts

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Cincy and would be all about helping you rehome some frags! One of my clients is in Akron and I am trying to schedule a trip up there soon.
Sure man. I have a vacation property in vinton county that i go to every couple weeks maybe i could bring a bucket and meet you there some weekend.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started w/fowlr then killed a bunch of softees. Fast forward to 12 years later and I'm ready to reset. My question is what do you guys do with all the beginner corals and extra frags. I've already buried all my lfs with mushrooms, anenemonies and chalices. What do I do now? I've got hundreds to get rid of and can't bear to kill the creatures i spent more than a decade learning how to keep alive. Any ideas?
Sell or give away. Any dead stonies... All you did was make more live rock my guy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back