Time to step back into the hobby

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Team,

I know, it is kind of a silly opening. That is the way I look at it though on every hobby forum. We are a team working together to learn and grow in something we have passion about. Thus, I am happy to join this reefing team again! I have been away from the hobby for 12 years and it's time to get back into it. I have been in fishkeeping on and off since I was a child with all sorts of different configuration. Two of them had been reefs, the first was a 90g and after that I moved into the 30g biocube when it was first released.

I haven't decided on the size of aquarium this time around yet. Many factors go into the size decision besides just the "size" IMHO. As everyone knows the larger the main tank the larger the Filters, pumps, lights, chemical requirements, I.E. $$. I would rather have $ available for better tools and equipment. I am sure that I will eventually be sucked into the BIG SPARKLY one! but for now, I'm still looking at where I want to end up on the tank size. The decision is currently limited between 65-125G but I'm moving back and forth inside those limits. Time will tell.
Welcome back .
90 gal is a great starter size .
only 48” long and late enough to stock a wide variety of fish .

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R. We sure are glad to have you.

you're welcome love GIF

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Team,

I know, it is kind of a silly opening. That is the way I look at it though on every hobby forum. We are a team working together to learn and grow in something we have passion about. Thus, I am happy to join this reefing team again! I have been away from the hobby for 12 years and it's time to get back into it. I have been in fishkeeping on and off since I was a child with all sorts of different configuration. Two of them had been reefs, the first was a 90g and after that I moved into the 30g biocube when it was first released.

I haven't decided on the size of aquarium this time around yet. Many factors go into the size decision besides just the "size" IMHO. As everyone knows the larger the main tank the larger the Filters, pumps, lights, chemical requirements, I.E. $$. I would rather have $ available for better tools and equipment. I am sure that I will eventually be sucked into the BIG SPARKLY one! but for now, I'm still looking at where I want to end up on the tank size. The decision is currently limited between 65-125G but I'm moving back and forth inside those limits. Time will tell.
No opening is silly. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back