Timeline of a Jawbreaker

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I finally did it. I purchased a jawbreaker mushroom and I couldn't be happier. Lets call this an early Christmas present to myself.

So currently my little beauty is bright orange and the size of a pencil eraser...I believe it is an original jawbreaker (orange, red, green) and not a "fancy" one with pink and purple in it. I purchased it at Reef-a-palooza in Orange County. I've reached out to the vender for a picture of the mother shroom, but haven't heard back yet.

My question is, do all jawbreakers eventually color up with reds and greens, or is there a chance mine stays orange forever. I've read that it takes a long time for the colors to appear, and wondered if anyone has any more experience with these mushrooms. Any information would be appreciated!

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most will color up over the years, If you did get an OG jawbreaker or similar lineage

dbigfoot111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They get red over time. a lot of my babies have red IMG_2029.jpg

OP
OP
AwildcatsZ

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lovely little colony you have there! How long have those been growing before they start to show red? Just curious. I'm excited to see mine transform over time.

dbigfoot111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's an old pic. i have separate the two mothers they outgrown the jar. took me about 6 months to get red. once red is in it will take off. they produce very well for me. almost 20 babies or more.

Back